Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Works for me Wednesday....

Its that time again over at Rocks in my Dryer...... I thought of something so I am passing it along!!!

Kids and Trips = Souvenirs (at least with mine!)

With 3 kids one on the way and already discussing adoption #2 - we can not or more so will not buy them something EVERY little trip we go on. For the biggest reason who can remember where they got what, or when? So I decided to make what we call "passports". With all the adoption stuff that is one of the next things on our list to do. That is how I came up with the name......ANYHOW...

I bought each of them a little photo album (brag books I think they are called).
Then their "souvenir" is a post card to put in their "passport". So they can look back and actually see where we have been the past year!! The nice thing if you are going somewhere that doesn't have post cards take a picture & you have a "post card" =D They are excited - with our most recent trip we only have a few more slots to fill and we have filled a whole book already!!

Works for me.....works for them too!!!

3 comments:

Dru said...

This is a really cool idea!
I live in VA and for years the state has been doing a passport program, where you get a little stamp on your "passport" (a printed passport-looking page) for each historical site you visit, but I never thought of doing a cool little brag book like this. We're thinking of trekking out to the Grand Canyon this fall, and if we go this is definitely something I'll be putting to use! Thanks!

Jen said...

This is such a neat idea! We don't do the souvenier thing either. They usually just become clutter in the long run. I will definitely give this idea a try.

Thanks for sharing!!

Homekeeper Mom said...

This is an AWESOME idea!! My sweet hubby always wants to buy the kiddies some little something (that I know will get broken, smashed, etc) so this would be GREAT!! Thank you for sharing!!

~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)