Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Since this is PJ Academy =)

I thought I'd share what we use for our schooling!!!

#1 uses:

Bible: Bob Jones 2
Math: A Beka 3
Language: A Beka 3
Spelling: A Beka 3
Science: Switched on Schoolhouse
Reading: Spy Kids Series & A Beka Readers
History: A Beka 2 (finished and looking for something new)

#2 & #3 uses:

Bible: Bob Jones 2
Math: Saxon 2
Language: Bob Jones 2
Spelling: A Beka 1 & Bob Jones 2
Science: Some of what #1 is learning
Reading: A Beka Readers
History: A Beka 2 (finished & looking for something new)

We school between 3 and 4 hours a day - a little more if we have a field trip coming up!! We combine History, Science and Bible. And my hubby reads with them at night. The rest of the day is for "teaching" life skills like keeping things picked up, organizing closets, cooking dinner, and getting along!

I'd like to start teaching some basic budgeting skills. Any ideas?

Next year #1 is going to use Bob Jones I think it will work better for him. And #2 & #3 will use more A Beka! When #4 gets here I plan to use My Father's World! It looks great for pre schoolers!!!

So that's our home school in a nut shell!!

1 comment:

5KidMom said...

For budgeting lessons, Crown Financial Ministries has some really good stuff for kids (adults too). They have curriculum, books, DVD's, banks, etc. We used the banks (3 parts - God, Saving, Spending) for our big kids when they were smaller. I just saw that they have a functioning ATM machine with those same concepts programed in for older children. I think I might have to check those out. Here's a link to the site: http://www.crown.org/cart/children.asp?aid=SCHOM