- Meat Ball Subs & Butternut Squash
- HOME MADE Spaghetti & Meat Balls.
- .............(gonna make LOTS (of meat balls) for the subs)
- .............using spaghetti squash as noodles
- Chicken Spaghetti & Garlic Bread
- .............whole wheat noodles
- Cheesy Chicken & Salsa Skillet
- Philly Cheese Steak Rolls ......tweaked a bit for our eating & stuff similar that we have on hand :)
- Pizza Pitas
- Home Made Mac & Cheese
- Home Made Pizzas
- Eggs....gotta get the Lecithin in ;)
- Oatmeal....Fiber. Also going to add some "extras" to the oatmeal MUWAHH!!!
- Fruit/Smoothies. Also will have some extras ;)
- Wheat Crackers
And just because I have been asked :)
Why did you cut HFCS out of your diet? I don't even remember now how this started but if you google "the dangers of HFCS" pages upon pages come up. It has no purpose? I don't believe our bodies were made to digest fake?!?!
"When food manufacturers first began using HFCS, they didn't realize its negative impact on the body. It has no nutrients (it is devoid of enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.) It also leeches micronutrients from the body. That was then. But since then food manufacturers have discovered that HFCS not only make consumers fat, but it also increases their hunger tremendously." http://www.living-a-healthy-lifestyle.com/dangerous-food-ingredients.html
Why did you cut Aspartame out of your diet?
"Since aspartame is a neurotoxin (it poisons the brain), it can lead to such neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. AVOID THIS AND ALL SWEETENERS." http://www.living-a-healthy-lifestyle.com/artificial-sweeteners.html#anchor14
Why are you willing to spend so much on organic milk?
Yep what she said :)
And.... "The health benefits of organic milk include more Omega 3, more CLA, more antioxidants and more vitamins than conventional milk." http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-animal-products/organic-milk/health-benefits-of-organic-milk.html
Those are just a few ways we have changed our diet. Learning, still learning everyday :)
Long Term Goal for the family: no refined sugar and no bleached flour. (flour has started slowly)
Short Term Goal: figure out what supplements are needed :)