Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dinner :)

Last Night was #1's Birthday Dinner and it was YUMMY if I do say so myself ;)

Mushroom Casserole......making a loved family meal of hamburger noodle casserole into a vegetarian dish.
  • WW Noodles
  • Cream of Mushroom Soup........still looking for an alternative to the canned soup?!?!
  • Some Almond Milk
  • Topped with Cheese and Bread Crumbs.
Butternut Squash YUMMINESS!!!!
  • Minus shallots...because sadly I have NO idea what they are ;)
  • Minus also Gruyère cheese......again NO idea what that is.....so it got regular old shredded cheese lol!!!
Whole Wheat Biscuits topped with Garlic/Melted Butter

And a Chocolate Cake!! TWO cakes with Bananas in between and topped with home made frosting and raspberries and blueberries!!! YUMMY!!!

Pretty sure I blew any sort of diet I had going on last night ;) 33 Pounds down though!! (insert pat on the back)

4 comments:

Kelly Cook said...

Shallots are just a form of green onion. I tend to just use green onions for chives, shallots, etc. Grueyer (I have no idea how to spell it)is a yummy hard cheese, but it's EXPENSIVE!

A Stafford said...

I make a roux with flour/water and then add milk, beef broth and chopped mushrooms- works great!

Anonymous said...

Shallots are a cross between onion and garlic. They're small and have a purple hue. A mild onion and a bit of diced garlic would be suitable for replacement. Gruyere is a type of Swiss cheese. Stinky but delicious! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely! I've never cooked with shallots, but I love Penzey's shallot salt!