Saturday, October 04, 2008

Things we will do differently next year!

  • The kids will help from day 1
  • I need 2 more of these. One for each child over the age of 8 :)
  • I will have a friend over to help corral kids and just plain talk to me!
  • I will can one thing a day.
  • Dinner will be made in the crock pot in the morning before I have time to want to order pizza.
  • We will NOT do any school, but will count canning as a semester of Home Ec.
  • I need another black canning pot!
  • I need more pots for cooking apples.

In a weeks time - this is our finished product :)

  • 24 Quarts of Applesauce


  • 7 Quarts of Apple Pie Filling


  • 4 Pints of Raspberry Jam

  • 4 Pints of Apple Butter

    The apple sauce and raspberry jam came from THIS book. I found it at a garage sale last year for 10 cents YEAH!!

    Kelly asked if it was a lot of work. It was BUT sooo worth it. I think with a bit more organization it will be easier and more time efficient hence the list for next year lol :) But I plan to add a few things to can next year green beans and salsa at least!! But there is something rewarding in hearing those pop pop pop (sealing jars) knowing YOU did it!! Oh yea and it doesn't hurt that they are soooooo yummy!!! AND I KNOW what is in them no surprises!!!

    Well I need to get off this computer last but certainly not least my kitchen is screaming for a scrubbing :) My floor is so sticky from apples its not even funny!





And how I feel today....

No comments: