Friday, September 18, 2009

Um new plan needed :)

Let's just say our family wouldn't make a very good pioneer family :) This is basically what we got out of our garden this year?? Although it is better then last it is still pretty sad! As a pioneer family this would be our last winter......that is if we had made it through last winter lol!! Oh well we'll try it again next year with a few improvements!!

Cherry Tomatoes

A purty Flower!

Another.

Our only surviving pumpkin.
Maybe we can get at least one pie outta it?

Flower.

1 of 2 surviving cantaloupes.

1 of 5 or 6 Watermelons.

One of our few tomatoes that are actually red.

Not pictured cause I forgot.......a little squash.
And 5 or 6 cucumbers turned pickles....hmm maybe we will try those for dinner ;)

And this is September.......that is what we got?? We planted the end of March beginning of April? What is with our weather???

Praise the Lord for Kroger lol!!!!

2 comments:

Tisra said...

Okay- that's been *my* experience with gardening! Ha! I feel your pain. Here I'd thought you were pulling off this whole "mini farm" thing without much effort. I know that doesn't reduce your sting, but it encourages me. maybe I shouldn't have given up so quickly. I got results like that 2 years ago and haven't even tried growing herbs since then!

A Stafford said...

This has been a terrible gardening year for all. Weather did NOT cooperate at all, and yes...probably a lot of pioneers would have died if this would have happened back then. I got no zucchini, 2 tomatoes, 5 strawberries back in July, no pumpkins, etc. Solveig has 5 zucchini growing by a stump where she threw the extra seeds. Maybe next year I'll just randomly throw seeds around the yard since that seems to be the good way.